A Sauna Might Be the Perfect Complement To Your Home
Throughout history, saunas have been used all across the world. Saunas can help people to relax and has several health benefits. To be specific, saunas are thought to promote cardiovascular health. Saunas were used 3,000 years ago by the Mayans. They used traditional sweat houses to treat various ailments and to relax. That practice has been adopted by many people all over the globe. Saunas can be found in a wide variety of styles and sizes. Homeowners can even have a sauna in their homes or even in their backyard. If a homeowner is interested in putting one of these saunas on their property, they will need to do their research on the price, size, and the benefits of the saunas to ensure that they will be a good fit for them.
Benefits of Using a Home Sauna
There are several benefits to using a sauna. These include:
- Mimics exercise - When someone sits in a sauna, their blood vessels widen, and their heart rate increases. It helps to promote circulation by mimicking moderate exercise.
- Easing pain - Using a sauna may help ease arthritis pain, improve joint mobility, and relieve sore muscles.
- Reducing stress - As the sauna relaxes the person using it, this can help to aid in reducing stress.
- Improving heart health - It is thought that by increasing blood flow and moderately increasing the heart rate, saunas improve heart health. They also lower blood pressure, which can help to protect the heart.
- Skin problems - For people who have psoriasis, using a dry sauna will help alleviate the symptoms.
- Asthma - A sauna will help asthma sufferers by reducing stress, opening airways, and loosening phlegm.
Types of Saunas
There are a few different types of saunas. These include:
- Electric heated -. A sauna that is heated with electric heat will have warm temperatures and relatively low humidity. The heater will be attached to the floors and heat the sauna that way.
- Wood burning - Wood burning saunas are typically low in humidity and high temperature. This wood heat will heat both the sauna room and the sauna rocks.
- Infrared sauna - An infrared sauna will use light waves to warm a person’s body, and it will not heat the entire room. The person will still sweat and get the benefits of a traditional sauna.
- Steam room - A steam room uses humidity to create moist heat. This will have the same benefits as the dry saunas will. Steam saunas may have more health benefits for those suffering from asthma and other ailments.
Top Sauna Brands
There are many different sauna brands out on the market today. Some of them include:
- Alta Sauna Series
- TheraSauna Face-To-Face
- Cedro Sauna
- Medical Sauna Series
Each sauna brand has its own benefits. A person that wishes to purchase a sauna will need to consider several things. The first thing they will need to consider is how big they want their sauna. They will want to take into consideration whether or not they will be using it with multiple people or if it will be single-use. Another thing to consider is how it will be heated. Wood heat and electric heat are all popular choices, but the person buying the sauna will want to make sure that it will work with their property. They will also want to consider the price that they wish to spend. It is a good idea to take a look at the sauna brands and determine their price and their features. A person considering one should make sure that they purchase a sauna that falls within their budget and has all the features that they want.