A Mini Fridge Can Serve as a Useful Alternative to Standard-Sized Options
A mini fridge is often a perfect storage solution, especially for those with limited space. Whether in an office or a dorm room, a mini fridge enables you to keep some of your favorite drinks and snacks chilled and within easy reach. Simply put, a mini fridge is a small refrigerator, typically ranging from one to five cubic feet in size. It’s a miniature version of a full-sized fridge meant for compact living spaces or as a backup fridge
These fridges are mostly suitable for offices, garages, dorm rooms, or anywhere else a full-sized refrigerator won’t fit or isn’t required. Needless to say, these fridges do a wonderful job of keeping your drinks and food cold – just on a small scale. For most individuals, these fridges are used to keep snacks, drinks, and other perishable commodities. Mini fridges come in different types, however, the most common types include: thermoelectric, compressor and absorption.
Size of a Mini Fridge
When talking about a mini fridge, size does matter. The most fundamental factor to consider is how much space you have, and how much you need to store. These fridges come in different sizes for different consumers.
- The smallest mini fridge is approximately 1.6 to 2.5 cubic feet and is suitable for offices or dorm rooms where there is limited space.
- A mid-size mini fridge ranges from 3 to 5 cubic feet. They are perfect for game rooms, studio apartments, or kitchenettes. Despite their size, they can comfortably store a week’s worth of snacks and beverages for 1-2 people.
- Larger mini-fridges range from 5-8 cubic feet and work best for home bars and families. They provide adequate space for storing a variety of foodstuffs.
The largest mini-fridges are over 8 cubic feet. They can store a lot of groceries and can work as a replacement in a basement or garage. The size you choose is fully dependent on the available space you have, as well as how much you want to keep in store without overcrowding.
Benefits of Using a Mini Fridge
A mini fridge is ideal for individuals living in small places, such as dorm rooms and studio apartments. It doesn’t require much space. Additionally, those with small offices can as well benefit from this size of a fridge. They can store their beverages and snacks, and save themselves from the hustles of going out every time they want something.
For outdoor cooking enthusiasts, adding a mini fridge to your patio can save you trips to and from the kitchen. Also, it keeps your drinks and food safe for longer periods.
A mini fridge can help you save on electric bills. A top-rated mini fridge has a total cost of $27 to run annually. The beauty is, this cost can be lowered if the fridge is kept in a spot with proper ventilation.
These fridges usually cost less than their counterparts – full-size refrigerators. This is one of the reasons why most people on a tight budget consider this tiny fridge. In addition to the aforementioned benefits, other benefits include, they are lightweight and portable, travel-friendly, and convenient.
Popular Models of Mini Fridge
There are a lot of popular models of mini fridge to choose from. There are several in each different category. Some great options include:
Popular Small Refrigerator Models for Dorms and Offices
- In case you need a bit more room, hOmeLabs Beverage and Cooler is a great mini fridge to go for. At only 3.2 cubic feet, this fridge provides adequate space for beverages and snacks. It has interior LED lighting, stainless steel door, and adjustable temperature.
- Another great model is The Magic Chef MCBR240S1. It’s only 2 feet tall and offers 2.4 cubic feet of storage space.
- For high-end options, Danby Designer is the to-go option.
Energy-Efficient Mini Fridge
- Danby DCR044A2WDD. This mini fridge is designed to help save on electric bills. It has a thermostat that regulates temperature to preserve food.
- Midea WHS-65LB1 Compact Single Reversible Door Refrigerator. It’s ideal for extremely compact spaces like desks, nightstands, and countertops. Its reversible door enables it to open from either the right or left side.
Retro Mini Fridge
- Retro mini fridges come in eye-catchy and bright colors and often have a round shape with sleek and curved edges. Its popular brands are Nostalgia Electrics, Smeg, and Frigidaire.